Monday, December 13, 2010

great avocados start from the planting of a single seed....




Today I was sitting at home and I was getting to be very bored and a bit stir crazy so I decided to go to the supermarket to see what kinds of fruits and vegetables they had there in order to plant something.... anything! So I  looked around and decided on what i wanted to start. i went home all excited and got to work... I started an avocado seed! I didnt have enough money to buy the toothpicks to keep the avocado seed hanging in the cup (I know I know your probably like "its only 2 bucks for toothpicks!" but time are tough and i couldnt aford it) so I used two forks instead, and guess what, they work fine. Avocados are very healthy fruits they have vitamin B6, vitamin C, and avocados can help regulate blood pressure and may lower cholesterol. This little guy can grow to be a very big tree so incorperating the bonsai methods i have talked about in earlyer posts is necissary to ceep it as an ornamental tree inside. This avocado seed will fist crack after 4 weeks then after another four weeks it will have its first root growing. I cant wait to plant this guy in soil. Not every avocado seed will germinate so no promesses with this one but we can hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment