Friday, December 17, 2010

It arrived!!! My brand new 90w LED UFO light!!! Check out my setup...

My 90w LED UFO hooked up to a cheap coat rack I bought at Canadian Tier
 My plants from one of my grow closets now in their new spot under the 90W LED UFO

OK guys I can hardly contain my excitment!...but I'll try my best, lol. Today the new light arrived by mail! A nice guy from the post office delivered it right to my door. I couldnt wait to plug it in and move some of my plants from my grow closet under it. But I had to go and buy the coat rack before I could hang it because I didn't want to put holes in the ceiling. I made a few calls to some stores in my area and the closest and cheapest place I could find that had coat racks was Canadian Tier. So off I went and got the coat rack. It cost me 19.99 + tax. I got home and put the coat rack together and finaly the moment was at hand...the hanging of the new light! I had a few chains left over from hanging the CFLs in the grow closets so I used one of them and in no time the light was hung! I then moved the plants from one of the grow closets under the light (as seen in the picture). I kept the partial shade plants including the carrots a bit further from the light and put the "summertime" lemon directy under it. I also put two avocado seeds in the vacinity of the light (they dont like full sun at this stage). The other two smaller lemon seedlings will stay under the 125w CFL for now untill they get too big for the light. I will be getting my strawberry seeds in the mail soon. I ordered them from ebay a couple of days ago. The strawberry plants will fit in the empty spaces under the light around the summertime lemon seedling. I will also be putting some new plants in the now empty grow closet. so i will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment