Sunday, December 12, 2010

My plans to expand the indoor garden...

LED grow light over a plant

Well the holiday season is here again...and its cold out side, and winter is just around the corner. It's the perfect time to expand my indoor garden! And my mother (god bless her soul) offered to buy me a present and asked what it was i wanted for the holidays. So I got all excited and asked her if an LED grow light was OK. We looked online and found a 90watt UFO LED grow light for around $250 including the shipping and taxes, and she agreed to purchase it for me! So I will be expanding my indoor garden in about 2-3 weeks when my new LED light arives. Im not 100% sure what I'm going to grow under it yet but I'm leaning towards strawberries.
The reason I chose a 90w over any other one was a) because of the price (the higher watt ones were more expensive) b) because I had seen videos on youtube that show an experiment growing with 90w LED UFO light and they proved that they are good grow lights (even out performing the conventional HPS grow lights) and c) because the LED grow lights dont put out any heat what so ever so I wouldn't need to buy a fan or a "cool tube" or any kind of cooling system as I would for the HPS and MH grow lights.

 PS: The 90w UFO LED grow lights are equivalent to between 400w - 600w HPS or MH, so they are much more powerful than the 125w CFLs I have now and cover a bigger growing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment