Thursday, December 16, 2010

check out my "guerilla" grow spot!

Me infront of my intended grow area
Some bushes that will be lush with leaves in the spring/summer and serve as "cover" for my garden

 A big tree in the area near my "guerilla" site

The forested area behind my grow spot (great "cover")

Well there you have it... my grow area for my guerilla garden. I will be planting strawberries and lettuce for sure and perhaps tomatoes as well, Im thinking about planting some partial shade plants closer to the tree but I haven't made up my mind about that yet. I intend to plant some tobacco plants around my garden as I have heard they are good insect repellents. I've ordered the strawberry seeds (mainly for my indoor garden right now, but also so I will have them ready for the spring), I will order the tobacco seeds in February and the lettuce and tomatoes I will buy as seedlings from my local plant store when spring comes around. There are a few things that worry me about my guerilla garden location...One is it's sort of close to the road (but there is nothing I can do about that its the best spot I could find). Another is that there are a few young ever green trees about 3 feet tall that were planted by the city in that area last year. Im hoping they won't come and check up on them, but if they do I hope they don't tear out my plants. But what can I say it's worth a shot, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment