Friday, March 18, 2011

I see avocados in my future!

My avocado seed cracking and roots


After three months and after deciding to give up on my avocado seeds, i had one last glance, and to my surprise one of the seeds was puting out roots and had cracked in several places! I wanted to mention that very early on after puting the avocado seeds in water I noticed that the part of the avocado seeds that were submerged turned a dark color (as seen above) and it looked like mould was growing on them. At first I thought uh oh is this sapost to be hapening? But instead of cleaning them off I decided to just hope for the best and leave the seeds be. Now that one of my seeds is germinating I'm pretty sure that the mouldy color does not afect the prossess, so dont worry if your seeds look a bit mouldy. How ever I dont think its good if the roots are dark and mouldy so watch out for that. I predict that in about another month there will be visable leaves on my avocado seed and then it will be time to plant it in soil and move it to its new home....the grow closet! i will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment