Friday, March 18, 2011

My newest addition....

Pear and apple seeds drying
freshly planted strawberry seeds

 pastry container turned into mini green house
Today in Toronto it was unusually warm, about 15c to be exact and it felt like spring and served as a reminder to get a head start on the growing season. I planted a bunch of strawberry seeds in small pots and put them in the container (seen in the picture above) to keep them moist. I ordered my tobacco seeds today, virginia gold tobacco to be exact. I'm hoping they will arrive in time to germinate and grow them to about 6 inches before I put them outside. I also started to get some pear and apple seeds ready, and am now in the process of drying them. The apple and pear trees will not go out into my guerilla garden till next spring (2012) because I want them to have a year to grow in height and be strong so that when I do put them outside no animals step on them or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment