Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tobacco and Morning Glory seeds! arrived in record time!

Tobacco seeds (left) and Morning Glory seeds (right)

Today I got my tobacco seeds in the mail. I bought them from a Canadian company located in Barrie, Ontario called Providence Acre Farm. I was surprised at how fast the seeds arrived. I only ordered them three or four days ago! And on top of that, they sent me a free bonus -- morning glory seeds! Today I will be planting the tobacco seeds so that I get a head start on the growing season. Tobacco seeds are sown directly on top of the soil and watered with a spray bottle until they germinate. It takes anywhere from 7 to 27 days for them to germinate. They should be about 5-6 inches tall before they are planted outside in the garden after the last frost. They will grow just about anywhere and the tobacco plant will adapt to the terrain and weather of most places and will produce seeds hardy to that climate. I plan on trying to make my own cigarettes, and I heard that tobacco plants repel bugs in the garden. So we'll see if that's really true this summer. Anyway, I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment