Saturday, March 19, 2011

My babies have GROWN!!! lemon update...

My summertime lemon at around 7-8 months old

one of my younger lemons under the CFL
 Measuring my summertime lemon

Today I decided to post an update about my lemon trees, so I decided to measure my summertime lemon tree to see how much it grew in the last couple of months. It is standing at around 14 inches. on January 4th 2011 the tree was standing at 6.5 inches...so in about 2 months it's grown almost 8 inches! 
Today I also took a few photos of the younger lemons that have also grown a few inches since my last update. The younger lemons were approx. 3.5 inches on January 4th and in two months had grown to  8.5 inches.  (4 inches of growth in about two months!) I also have some other good news... the summertime lemon is now the perfect size to graft it. I would like to graft it now but I need branches from a mature fruit producing lemon tree, and because lemon trees dont grow outside in Toronto I'll have to wait till late spring or early summer to get my hands on some graftable mature lemon trees from the local nursery. So in about a month or so I'll show you how to pick good grafting trees from the local nursery and how to do the grafting.

2 comments:

  1. Are you growing under a CFL 125 watt the whole time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting any growth with my lcd but I just got a 125 CFL bulb . My Meyer lemon is about 21/2 feet tall . I'm hoping once I get the cover

    ReplyDelete